Monday, March 29, 2010

Is that what I think it is?

Saturday afternoon I am driving down Eagle Rd minding my own business when all of a sudden I see something on the east side of the road near Ustick.  As I approach this object my heart starts to pound as I think "Is that what I think it is?",  "Can it be true?".  As I got closer I realized to my greatest possible joy it was, in fact, the object I thought it may be.  It was a political campaign sign.  The day has finally arrived again when campaigns are starting up!  While it is a bit early to start the sign blooming, it is an exciting time.  These are the days to start preparing, organizing, and fund raising.

It has been several years since I last was able to participate in Legislative campaigns.  I was on a mission for the last go around and was not only unable to work them, but wasn't able to do anything to help Dad in his campaign as I was on the opposite side of the country in Virginia.

Given, I have already been working a lot on several campaigns including Representative Raul Labrador's campaign for Congress, but there is just something about Idaho Legislative campaigns that really gets me excited.  Unfortunately, while the Legislature is still in session, the current legislators running for re-election can't raise money, and don't have time to do much when it comes to their campaign.  Its unfortunate because their opponents are out preparing while the legislators are stuck doing their job.

Today is supposedly the last day of the session though.  They were powering through the bills trying to get done on Friday, but didn't quite make it.  Today is the day though they hope to Sine Die.  Then the campaigns really start.

This is the most wonderful time of the year,

But thats just me...

Ty Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment